Page 1 of 1
#1 Rear Lamp Chrome housings
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:02 pm
by Julian.P
Hi All, I believe I may have been supplied the incorrect rear lamp chrome housings for my series 1.5 FHC the number embossed is L651 from the information I can find out these are from a DHC what difference is there between the two?
Many thanks and a happy new year to all.
#2 Re: Rear Lamp Chrome housings
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:39 pm
by andrewh
I take it that your series 1.5 still has the rear light units above the bumper? Anyway, I have always been led to believe that the shape of the body is different at the point where the light is fixed , so your light contours to the body will be incorrect if for a OTC. That said, if you have done bodywork on the car and it has been led loaded etc , then the only real test will be to try the original lights to see whether they sit nicely against the body.
#3 Re: Rear Lamp Chrome housings
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 pm
by Jaglex
andrewh is right. The chrome rear light bodies of the Ser.1.5 are different between DHC and FHC.
I know because I once bought the wrong ones
The difference is quite remarkable.
#4 Re: Rear Lamp Chrome housings
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 pm
by Julian.P
Thanks for your reply chaps, so L651 lamps are for an DHC what number represents FHC lamps...
Cheers, Julian.
#5 Re: Rear Lamp Chrome housings
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:18 pm
by mgcjag
Hi Julian...have a look in the knowledge base section..technical.....the parts catalogue will show the different part numbers for the different models