you must have a Merlin engine in there if it needs 32 litres? Manual for the 4.2 XK says 18 litres and mine only took about 15 when I refilled it recently. Perhaps 32 pints? I am going for 33% which protects to -18cALAN COCHRANE wrote: It needs a total of 32litres to fill the system and I was thinking 1/3 glycol to 2/3 water. Infuriatingly the Haynes manual only states that the concentration should be to the manufacturer's recommendation but omits to say what that is!
Cheers
Alan
Antifreeze
-
rossbraithwaite
- Posts: 173
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm
- Location: The National Forest

#21
'67 S1.5 FHC, manual, maroon with black interior. Originally exported to Arizona but 'repatriated' in '89. Since converted to RHD and triple SUs.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
ALAN COCHRANE
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#22
Ross
Yes you are indeed correct. I never got the hang of metric weights and measures. I'll stick to good old imperial in future. Just as well I didn't buy it when I was in Halford's then, that would have cost almost ?100.
So one 5l bottle will suffice. Is the Bluecol in my link IAT?
Alan
Yes you are indeed correct. I never got the hang of metric weights and measures. I'll stick to good old imperial in future. Just as well I didn't buy it when I was in Halford's then, that would have cost almost ?100.
So one 5l bottle will suffice. Is the Bluecol in my link IAT?
Alan
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
ALAN COCHRANE
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Location: Fife

#23
Steve
Thanks for the link. I'll just go and order it now, but not as much as I'd originally estimated though!
Alan
Thanks for the link. I'll just go and order it now, but not as much as I'd originally estimated though!
Alan
Alan Cochrane
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


