Page 1 of 1

#1 Wiper arm clip

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm
by johnj
I have a series 1 1/2 e type and the clip that holds the wiper arm to thr ball and socket is missing SNG dont list it any idear were i can buy one

Thanks John

#2 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 pm
by 1954Etype
Hutson motor company have them. Speak to Andy

#3 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 pm
by abowie
1954Etype wrote:Hutson motor company have them. Speak to Andy
Are they making them? I seem to recall that someone is and I needed one for a customer's car last week.

#4 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm
by 1954Etype
Don't think so. I think it might be Richard Smith.

#5 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm
by 288gto
If you mean the little "C" shaped clip with two ears on it, there are loads on E bay, you just need to know where to look.

A clue..........

They are not unique to E types, and are not necessarily used for wiper linkages.

Simon

#6 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 am
by abowie
288gto wrote:If you mean the little "C" shaped clip with two ears on it, there are loads on E bay, you just need to know where to look.

A clue..........

They are not unique to E types, and are not necessarily used for wiper linkages.

Simon
Tell us more.....

#7 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 pm
by 288gto
Hi Andrew,

Landrover Series 1 and 2 throttle linkages, to name one.

I've seen them as low as £3.00 for the ball joint socket and clip.
In contrast I've seen "E type" ones go for £30.
:bigrin:

Can I rely on you to keep it secret? :bigrin:

Simon

#8 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:43 pm
by abowie
I'm now cornering the world market. Muahahahahahahaha!
Thanks for the hints; we're forever chasing these things.

#9 Re: Wiper arm clip

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 am
by 288gto
abowie wrote:I'm now cornering the world market. Muahahahahahahaha!
Thanks for the hints; we're forever chasing these things.
You do realise that the global rare E type parts market is worth an estimated $38 billion? You could be making some dangerous and powerful enemies. :bigrin: :bigrin:

Name withheld.