It's time for to discuss the dreading subject of selling my car. After a few years of glorious ownership I think it's time to sell as we are about to embark on some house renovation work and needs must.
Anyway I have a couple of questions about my car. Firstly where are the best places to sell this type of car? Would you advise using a dealer/specialist to sell the car on my behalf and pay them a commission and what would the likely commission be?
Secondly what sort of value would my car be realistically priced at? It's an original UK 1967 S1 4.2 with history back to 1981. It was restored maybe 6 years with receipts for £20k+ in parts etc and it has gone into XK engineering every winter for the past 2 years to have routine maintenance done as well as a number of other jobs costing around £5500. I am due to speak to XK Engineering later as they know the car well and are highly regarded so I may see if it's a car they would sell on my behalf but I have no idea what sort of money the car might be worth. Here are a few pics of the old girl




Any help in recommending places to advertise the car and also a guide on value would be much appreciated
Thanks
Trev



