#1 Paint at engine block number location
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm
Hi,
I have been advised by an E-Type restoration company that Jaguar put a 'flash' of white paint over the engine number stamped on the block near the oil filter housing. So when they restore customer engines, they replicate this. I had a look at some photos I took of my engine block prior to the engine rebuild and I could see traces of white paint in that area. I'm assuming it was to make reading the number easier once it was installed?
When I've looked at other photos of both original and restored blocks, I have not noticed the white paint.
Can anyone provide any info on this?
I have been advised by an E-Type restoration company that Jaguar put a 'flash' of white paint over the engine number stamped on the block near the oil filter housing. So when they restore customer engines, they replicate this. I had a look at some photos I took of my engine block prior to the engine rebuild and I could see traces of white paint in that area. I'm assuming it was to make reading the number easier once it was installed?
When I've looked at other photos of both original and restored blocks, I have not noticed the white paint.
Can anyone provide any info on this?
