Page 1 of 1

#1 Horn push/button badge

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:11 pm
by peters3103
Hello from downunder,

Question:
Can the badge from the centre of the steering wheel on a Series 2 (doesn’t operate the horn) be fitted as the horn push button on a Series 1?

Cheers,
Pete

#2 Re: Horn push/button badge

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 pm
by johnben
If it is the Jaguar head on the chequered background then yes. Part No C16070

Regards

John Ser 1 2+2

#3 Re: Horn push/button badge

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm
by Heuer
You can also use the growler badges from the S3 chrome hub caps.

#4 Re: Horn push/button badge

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 pm
by 1954Etype
I can’t see why not but you’ll have to remove the anti rattle foam first. Note that the chrome ring is now black on a S2.

#5 Re: Horn push/button badge

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 pm
by peters3103
Yes, I was aware of the hubcap badge but was unable to find any apart from a mint set of 4 $$$
The chrome/black ring isn’t an issue as it’s not part of the actual centre badge.
I have, since my post located a very nice original Series 1 item in the US so have bought it. I’ll recover some of the cost selling my repro one. Thanks gents.

Pete