Brake Servo Washers
-
norman m. macleod
Topic author - Posts: 227
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia

#1 Brake Servo Washers
Hi All,
Ther are 3 (polyurethane) washers listed in the Series 1 Jaguar Spares Book, part No C26005, between the servo and the bulkhead toe board. Can't find these with any supplier, does anyone know the thickness and diameter? I assume these are just to give a slight flexibility to the servo mount (?) Would nylon or hard rubber do the job......? Any comments or advice appreciated....
Thanks/regards,
Norman
Ther are 3 (polyurethane) washers listed in the Series 1 Jaguar Spares Book, part No C26005, between the servo and the bulkhead toe board. Can't find these with any supplier, does anyone know the thickness and diameter? I assume these are just to give a slight flexibility to the servo mount (?) Would nylon or hard rubber do the job......? Any comments or advice appreciated....
Thanks/regards,
Norman
1967 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: Brake Servo Washers
Norman, probably there to reduce vibration and to seal the toeboard. The nut is a 5/16 nyloc so that diameter is the i/d of the washer you need. Suggest a nylon or hard rubber would do it. 2-3mm thick?
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047
61 OTS 875047
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
norman m. macleod
Topic author - Posts: 227
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia

#3 Brake Servo Washers
Hi Angus,
Thank you.....as luck would have it, I found the exact component this afternoon in the local hardware store (bathroom section.....) 1" diam. 5/16" hole, 1/8" thick, medium density nylon. The store assistant was quite convinced it was a spare for some obscure valve in a flush cistern, but obviously quite mistaken......Onwards, onwards......!
Thanks/best regards,
Norman.
Thank you.....as luck would have it, I found the exact component this afternoon in the local hardware store (bathroom section.....) 1" diam. 5/16" hole, 1/8" thick, medium density nylon. The store assistant was quite convinced it was a spare for some obscure valve in a flush cistern, but obviously quite mistaken......Onwards, onwards......!
Thanks/best regards,
Norman.
1967 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
christopher storey
- Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#4
Ooh dear, I missed those off in my FHC rebuild - no wonder I can hear the servo knock come through the floorboard if I empty it with the engine off !
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
norman m. macleod
Topic author - Posts: 227
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
- Location: Perth, Western Australia

#5 Brake Servo Washers
Well, Christopher, if it's any consolation, you're not alone......A couple of my acquaintances also rebuilding, or who have rebuilt, E-Types, responded to my recent query with "Washers....? Which washers.......? Where...?
Kind regards,
Norman.
Kind regards,
Norman.
1967 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6 Re: Brake Servo Washers
ahem, I've not got them fitted either. Winter jobs mounting up!
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047
61 OTS 875047
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
david muir
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm
- Location: Perthshire

-
david muir
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm
- Location: Perthshire

#9
I think this is merely a conspiracy to make me to take the car apart again :)
I cant hear a rattle so I think my car will stay without those washers...
I cant hear a rattle so I think my car will stay without those washers...
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


