IRS Access Panel Gasket

Talk about the E-Type Series 1
User avatar

Topic author
Philk
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am
Great Britain

#1 IRS Access Panel Gasket

Post by Philk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi - does anyone know if anyone makes/stocks the rubber/foam gasket that sits under the rear IRS Access Panel? I'm having difficulty tracking one down. Many thanks!
Phil
1964 S1 3.8 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


cactusman
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Great Britain

#2 Re: IRS Access Panel Gasket

Post by cactusman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:21 pm

I'll get shot for saying but I used a length of self adhesive foam that is used for glazing in aluminium greenhouses. It's blsck, self adhesive backed, about a centimeter wide and 2 or 3 mm deep. Can't recall where I bought it from but a roll was a few quid! :bigrin:
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
Philk
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am
Great Britain

#3 Re: IRS Access Panel Gasket

Post by Philk » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:55 pm

This is the gasket that was on the car originally - ideally, would be good to replace like for like.


Image
Phil
1964 S1 3.8 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

abowie
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: Australia
Australia

#4 Re: IRS Access Panel Gasket

Post by abowie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:40 pm

I just use generic 1/8" foam rubber sheet from the local rubber shop. You can't see it at all.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
Philk
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am
Great Britain

#5 Re: IRS Access Panel Gasket

Post by Philk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

abowie wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:40 pm
I just use generic 1/8" foam rubber sheet from the local rubber shop. You can't see it at all.
Many thanks...… That's what I shall do. I did speak to one of the main suppliers this morning and they do not stock these (nor cannot recall ever doing so).
Phil
1964 S1 3.8 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic