Page 1 of 1
#1 Accelerator Stop plateGetting ready to install
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:57 pm
by Collfryn
Getting ready to begin reassembly of my Series 1 2+2. Checking the accelerator controls I realise I'm missing the accelerator stop plate C20639. Not sure of the function of this piece or if it goes above or below the bulkhead. I'd prefer to make one rather than pay £28 for a replacement. Could someone please tell me how thick the plate is and whether its made from steel or aluminium. Thanks
#2 Re: Accelerator Stop plateGetting ready to install
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:56 pm
by abowie
It fits under the nuts in the footwell. The elongated holes let you slide it back and forward so you can set the rest position of the accelerator pedal.
I agree that they are very expensive and I usually bodge up a straight plate with just 2 holes out of aluminium and fit that. It's not like you can see it.
The other option is to drill and tap a hole in the back of the cast housing and fit a bolt, in the same way that your pedal box for brake and clutch may be drilled. That bolt is used to set the clutch pedal height, and you can do exactly the same thing with the accelerator.
#3 Re: Accelerator Stop plateGetting ready to install
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:13 pm
by grimes6
Martin Robey sells them for 16 pounds .
#4 Re: Accelerator Stop plateGetting ready to install
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:04 pm
by Collfryn
Thanks guys. I'll try some 2mm plate as soon as the body is back from paint.