Number Plate.

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
on2wheels
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Devon, England
Great Britain

#1 Number Plate.

Post by on2wheels » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi,
When I first unveiled my e-type to the Forum last year David H. mentioned that one of the first improvements I could do was to
change my front number plate to the white numerals on black background.

Image

Work carried out as instructed!
Now seriously what should I cover the numerals with to mke them
secure?
Would clear laquer spray be suitable?

Nick.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


MarkE
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Contact:
Great Britain

#2

Post by MarkE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

I don't think that you need to cover them with anything, Nick. They seem to stay looking fresh for a long time, and when they start to look a bit tatty....well, you know what to do!

Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

00series
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: North Devon
Great Britain

#3

Post by 00series » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 pm

The vinyl used to make the number plate is usually UV& weather resistant so no further protection is required.
I had a new front number plate made & fitted last week by a small local sign/graphics company (every town has at least one in the yellow pages).
It took them ten minutes to make & cost ?10 fitted & is much better quality than the ?15 one i had previously ordered online which appeared to be made from a sticky bin bag & stretched completely out of shape when i tried to fit.
Thanks, Bert.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


steve3.8
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: nottinghamshire,uk
Great Britain

#4

Post by steve3.8 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Nick,

your new number plate is fine as it is and looks good.Going back some time you asked questions about the bonnet-unless im mistaken it looks like you have a series 3 underpan and centre panel with series 1? wings or probably series 2 wings with indicator apertures cut out,and series 1 bumpers.

regards Steve

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
on2wheels
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Devon, England
Great Britain

#5

Post by on2wheels » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Bonnet,
What a hybrid!
I shall have to get some more photos of the bonnet posted so that I can get all the parts identified.
What angles should I take?
Get the underpan?
Get one with the headlight protusion next to a ruler?
Any other suggestions?

Nick.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic