Page 1 of 1
#1 Number Plate.
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm
by on2wheels
Hi,
When I first unveiled my e-type to the Forum last year David H. mentioned that one of the first improvements I could do was to
change my front number plate to the white numerals on black background.
Work carried out as instructed!
Now seriously what should I cover the numerals with to mke them
secure?
Would clear laquer spray be suitable?
Nick.
#2
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am
by MarkE
I don't think that you need to cover them with anything, Nick. They seem to stay looking fresh for a long time, and when they start to look a bit tatty....well, you know what to do!
Mark
#3
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 pm
by 00series
The vinyl used to make the number plate is usually UV& weather resistant so no further protection is required.
I had a new front number plate made & fitted last week by a small local sign/graphics company (every town has at least one in the yellow pages).
It took them ten minutes to make & cost ?10 fitted & is much better quality than the ?15 one i had previously ordered online which appeared to be made from a sticky bin bag & stretched completely out of shape when i tried to fit.
Thanks, Bert.
#4
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm
by steve3.8
Nick,
your new number plate is fine as it is and looks good.Going back some time you asked questions about the bonnet-unless im mistaken it looks like you have a series 3 underpan and centre panel with series 1? wings or probably series 2 wings with indicator apertures cut out,and series 1 bumpers.
regards Steve
#5
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm
by on2wheels
Bonnet,
What a hybrid!
I shall have to get some more photos of the bonnet posted so that I can get all the parts identified.
What angles should I take?
Get the underpan?
Get one with the headlight protusion next to a ruler?
Any other suggestions?
Nick.