Page 1 of 1

#1 Steering rack grease

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:26 pm
by JimH
Hi guys back again after a 6 year break where does the time go.Just stripped the steering rack looks like it’s been greased with moly grease.I’m sure I’ve seen LM grease mentioned in the manual. What do you guys recommend ?
Cheers in advance . :bigrin:

#2 Re: Steering rack grease

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 pm
by christopher storey
John - I believe that what you need is an EP ( extreme pressure ) lubricant - I would have thought that EP molyslip or the like would do fine - castrol Spheerol epl2 is an example. Alternatively, you could use an EP90 oil but this is messier

#3 Re: Steering rack grease

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:17 pm
by Joes66
Workshop manual says multipurpose lm grease
Thats what I have used
Joe

#4 Re: Steering rack grease

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:10 pm
by JimH
Hi guys LM is what I thought don’t have access to my Haynes manual at the minute.
Cheers