request for Pictures of pipe runs on bulkhead
#1 request for Pictures of pipe runs on bulkhead
Folks,
My car is due back from the paint shop later this week so the rebuild will start in earnest very soon..
I have a very early 4.2 Series 1 and the brake / servo pipes are mounted to the bulkhead as opposed to running round the engine frames. However the 3 pipes were always a bit mangled so I need to replace them and want to be sure that I put the pipe runs in correctly.
Specifically I am looking for photos of how the pipes *should* look coming out of the master cylinders and routing to the bulkhead and then further pictures of the pipes at the servo end....
Last question - any ideas where I can buy these pipes - I want them silver in colour not a raw copper.
Thanks to all who reply. Pictures of the new paint will be on my Blog website...
My car is due back from the paint shop later this week so the rebuild will start in earnest very soon..
I have a very early 4.2 Series 1 and the brake / servo pipes are mounted to the bulkhead as opposed to running round the engine frames. However the 3 pipes were always a bit mangled so I need to replace them and want to be sure that I put the pipe runs in correctly.
Specifically I am looking for photos of how the pipes *should* look coming out of the master cylinders and routing to the bulkhead and then further pictures of the pipes at the servo end....
Last question - any ideas where I can buy these pipes - I want them silver in colour not a raw copper.
Thanks to all who reply. Pictures of the new paint will be on my Blog website...
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Chris
I have put some pictures on my photobucket album (see the restorations section).
Colin Ford made mine but they aren't silver.
I have put some pictures on my photobucket album (see the restorations section).
Colin Ford made mine but they aren't silver.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Thanks, any chance you can send me the link to your photobucket? I have looked through the Restoration section but cant easily find a link...
Many thanks
Many thanks
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/an ... storation/ChrisC wrote:Thanks, any chance you can send me the link to your photobucket? I have looked through the Restoration section but cant easily find a link...
Many thanks
log on id is 'angusmoss'
password is 'jaguar'
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
This may not help much but its the only pic I have.


S1 4.2 Roadster in Resale Red
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
Ah that helps thanks people....
Angus any chance you can take a closer up picture of the pipe work on the master cylinders please?
Oh and the various pieces of bracketry look nice - was that Nickle plated or Zinc.. ?
Cheers
CC
Angus any chance you can take a closer up picture of the pipe work on the master cylinders please?
Oh and the various pieces of bracketry look nice - was that Nickle plated or Zinc.. ?
Cheers
CC
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#7
Angus ....Superb job on your E
What finish did you go for on the front suspenders? Is it Cad?
What finish did you go for on the front suspenders? Is it Cad?
S1 4.2 Roadster in Resale Red
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#8
The brackets are all stainless steel and the front suspension is plated in nickel and sprayed with clear lacquer. Im not sure how long zinc lasts - looking at some of the zinc fasteners I have had to use (frames) they stain as soon as they get wet!vipergts wrote:Angus ....Superb job on your E
What finish did you go for on the front suspenders? Is it Cad?
Picture attached of pipe runs (note they are not original as Im sure they didn't have that many bends! But they work and are largely hidden from view by the carb plenum). I did improve on the bends before bolting it all up.
[/img]| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#9
Nickle Cad is the best result i think.
I used zinc on the V12 and the finish can be great dependant on the finish of the metal.....Pipework was polished befor coating so is very nice but I'm sure the supension will go blotchy if left damp.
I will go nickle on the S1.

I used zinc on the V12 and the finish can be great dependant on the finish of the metal.....Pipework was polished befor coating so is very nice but I'm sure the supension will go blotchy if left damp.
I will go nickle on the S1.

S1 4.2 Roadster in Resale Red
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#10
[quote="vipergts"]Nickle Cad is the best result i think.
I used zinc on the V12 and the finish can be great dependant on the finish of the metal.....Pipework was polished befor coating so is very nice but I'm sure the supension will go blotchy if left damp.
I will go nickle on the S1.
I think the nickel (sp?) is the most durable - tad more expensive but worth it. Just make sure the plater puts enough on it though and seal it when you get it back as it still rusts. (Ask me how I know!)
I used zinc on the V12 and the finish can be great dependant on the finish of the metal.....Pipework was polished befor coating so is very nice but I'm sure the supension will go blotchy if left damp.
I will go nickle on the S1.
I think the nickel (sp?) is the most durable - tad more expensive but worth it. Just make sure the plater puts enough on it though and seal it when you get it back as it still rusts. (Ask me how I know!)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#11
Lovely thanks...
I have been nickel plating a number of things as its quite therapeutic cleaning parts then doing a bit of alchemy on them :o)
What did you seal the Nickel with? I too have discovered that it rusts but assumed that this was poor prep on my part...
I would also be interested in where you obtained stainless brackets from as I have a number of them that are too rusty to plate.
Thanks all....
I have been nickel plating a number of things as its quite therapeutic cleaning parts then doing a bit of alchemy on them :o)
What did you seal the Nickel with? I too have discovered that it rusts but assumed that this was poor prep on my part...
I would also be interested in where you obtained stainless brackets from as I have a number of them that are too rusty to plate.
Thanks all....
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



