#1 Dipstick locater / bracket
Posted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:39 am
Hi Guys and Gals,
I've had a little perusal / search of this message board and messaged a few contacts - so far without any clarification, any input very welcome....
my engine was recently refurbished and only recently when being returned to the car was the question of the dip stick locator/guide pipe considered. Mine was missing.
A quick look on the SNG Barratt site revealed a small "spout" / adaptor reference C17522. This has a slight chamfered edge to enable placement into the block and the dipstick fits in accordingly.
Got to say I was expecting something more - this is about 2" long - the diagram indicates something far longer until you look closer you can maybe interpret the drawing as showing the dipstick too?
Anyhow, it's in the block all 2" of it.
Far be it from me to be critical BUT is this really correct?
In which case a quick look around ( there's no picture in Clausager's reference book ) shows a small bracket ( in my Haynes Manual ) but not in the Barratt spares listing.
So, in summary, I'm guessing the 2" spout is correct, but a guide bracket?
I think this is required, the slightly angled dipstick is tall and somewhat ungainly without one.
In which case where can I source one?
Questions, questions, questions....sorry.
John
I've had a little perusal / search of this message board and messaged a few contacts - so far without any clarification, any input very welcome....
my engine was recently refurbished and only recently when being returned to the car was the question of the dip stick locator/guide pipe considered. Mine was missing.
A quick look on the SNG Barratt site revealed a small "spout" / adaptor reference C17522. This has a slight chamfered edge to enable placement into the block and the dipstick fits in accordingly.
Got to say I was expecting something more - this is about 2" long - the diagram indicates something far longer until you look closer you can maybe interpret the drawing as showing the dipstick too?
Anyhow, it's in the block all 2" of it.
Far be it from me to be critical BUT is this really correct?
In which case a quick look around ( there's no picture in Clausager's reference book ) shows a small bracket ( in my Haynes Manual ) but not in the Barratt spares listing.
So, in summary, I'm guessing the 2" spout is correct, but a guide bracket?
I think this is required, the slightly angled dipstick is tall and somewhat ungainly without one.
In which case where can I source one?
Questions, questions, questions....sorry.
John
