Page 1 of 1

#1 Rivets for shift boot bezel ?

Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:18 pm
by Desmo
Hello,

Are these steel flat head rivets still available? Thank you for your information.

Best regards
John



[img]https://i.postimg.cc/NfysXCLw/Rivets.jpg[/img][/url]

#2 Re: Rivets for shift boot bezel ?

Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:55 pm
by rswaffie
Yes, SNG and most other suppliers have them.


Image

#3 Re: Rivets for shift boot bezel ?

Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm
by ysmalkie
I think these are actually wrong - thy are supposed to be hollow rivets (at least my 3.8 had them)

Tadek

#4 Re: Rivets for shift boot bezel ?

Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:28 pm
by vee12eman
Hi,
With my experience being in Series 3, this may not be relevant, however, I have seen and used the split back rivets in both my 1971 Series 3 and in a 1950s Austin, which indicates that they were common in trim uses throughout. I found them at the local hardware superstore and just did a search. They are called bifurcated rivets here, try searching for that.

Regards,

Simon