Page 1 of 1

#1 S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:04 pm
by caveman
Is there a S1 4.2 Service Manual available within the knowledge base? I can’t see one and my hard copy supp to 3.8 Manual is buried in boxes since moving house :scratchheadyellow:
:thankyouyellow:

#2 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:10 pm
by Gfhug
Technical information and documentation? Haven’t checked all the 4.2 section but think it should be there :shrug:

S1 service manual complete seems to be what you need

Geoff

#3 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:01 pm
by abowie
It's the same as the 3.8 one, with supplementary info at the back.

#4 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:03 pm
by Heuer
Every thing is there for those that seek!

#5 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 pm
by caveman
Apologies gents, I thought it was more obvious. I quickly rattled through the 3.8 manual but may have skipped it. It might be easier seeking out my boxes at this rate :hammerdrill:

#6 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:50 pm
by caveman
Maybe if I had more problems with my car more often I’d know where it was first attempt :scratchheadyellow:
Just trying to confirm brake servo/vacuum connections on 4.2. As well as dual hydraulic circuit for early version. :shrug:

#7 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:17 pm
by abowie
You know, you're right Steve. I just looked at the 3.8 Service manual. The 4.2 appendices aren't there. :scratchheadyellow:

If brake info is what you want the brake section in the S2 book should be ok. The only difference should be the front calipers.

#8 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:15 am
by Tom W
The S2 manual will only have the late hydraulic circuit.

#9 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:27 am
by caveman
Thanks Andrew, I knew I wasn't going mad. I remember my hard copy being very different to the digital version here. I'll dig it out.
Heuer wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:03 pm
Every thing is there for those that seek!
:shrug:

#10 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 am
by Gfhug
Steve, if you follow what I said above you’ll see a part listed as “S1 4.2 service manual complete” download that as it shows it as having the supplements for the 4.2 and 2+2

It’s just above the line for the S1 3.8 parts catalogue

Geoff

#11 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:01 am
by abowie
Gfhug wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 am
Steve, if you follow what I said above you’ll see a part listed as “S1 4.2 service manual complete” download that as it shows it as having the supplements for the 4.2 and 2+2

It’s just above the line for the S1 3.8 parts catalogue

Geoff
That doesn't have the 4.2 stuff in it.

I can offer the 4.2 supplement in a variety of forms.

#12 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:32 am
by Gfhug
Ok, I only read the first page which implied all the supplements. I stand corrected

#13 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:41 pm
by caveman
Thanks Gents, I finally got around to digging out my original workshop manual.
I now have a working brake servo that was incorrectly plumbed for last 20yrs! Ready for Applecross alpine route and the NC500 now :swerve:

#14 Re: S1 4.2 Service Manual

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm
by rswaffie
:yellow: