Spin on oil filter - which filter is the better/best

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
Miller
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: Denmark

#1 Spin on oil filter - which filter is the better/best

Post by Miller » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm

My 3,8 S1 coupe is modified with a spin on oil filter - horisontal type.
Now I've tried several differnt filters - however the oil "leaks" out of the filtes down into the sump when the engine is stopped, making the valve train a bit nosy un start up!
Has anyone found a good filter - with a working anti drain valve?
I've thought of trying an original Volvo Amazon filter - as it does fit - and also have a working anti drain valve, but is a bit shorter than the ones I've tried up until now.
Comments much appreciated.
Michael - Denmark
33 Austin Nippy, 51 Nimbus, 55 MG TD, 64 3,8 E-type, 65 Volvo Amazon, 67 Volvo P1800, 69 Triumph TR6, 71 Morris Traveller, 71 TVR Vixen/Tuscan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links