Headlamp scoops

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
I-Wen Foo
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:31 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malaysia

#1 Headlamp scoops

Post by I-Wen Foo » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 am

Hi,
Can someone let me know what the correct finish for the headlamp scoops is? My car is a 1962 3.8 FHC.
I've seen early cars where they were painted to match the bodycolour, some appear to be painted silver, and some which look to have been plated.

Many thanks in advance,
I-Wen

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#2 Re: Headlamp scoops

Post by 1954Etype » Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 am

Hi I-Wen, the early cars (1961) were body colour as you say. The rest of the Series 1 cars were painted in silver. You will find a debate as to the finish of the silver (ie Hammered or not) elsewhere on this forum.
Angus

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
I-Wen Foo
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:31 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malaysia

#3

Post by I-Wen Foo » Sun May 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Angus,
thanks for the info! Regards, I-Wen

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic