Page 1 of 1

#1 S1 FHC 1962 Self actuating wipers

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm
by pk311yet
Hi all (again),

My wipers have a habit of coming on, on their own, when I drive over a bump or get buffeting at high (ish) speed. I then have to switch them on and off to stop them. Anyone had anything similar and found the cause? Regards, Peter.

#2

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:59 pm
by christopher storey
I did at one time have the same problem, and I think ( although it was the thick end of 20 years ago now so I would not be dogmatic about it ) the solution was to adjust the stop switch which is controlled by the knurled knob which protrudes through the front face of the bulkhead close to the heater water valve . You should only move this a click or two at a time as it is very sensitive

#3

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm
by pk311yet
Many thanks Christopher - I shall have a look and see! Best regards, Peter.