#1 Early S1 bonnet louvres ..... not again !!
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 pm
I am getting more confused than ever regarding what type of bonnet louvres should be fitted to my car. Chassis number 860052 this is an October 61 built Flat floor coupe. I thought the bonnet fitted to the car now was original, but i also know it has had more 'hits than Elvis' in its life, I have traced the cars history back to Mary Lyons and her Father-in-law Fred Rimmel.
No owner has admitted to changing the bonnet, but it is fitted with pressed in louvres and it would appear that some people think that cars with chassis numbers later than mine should have welded in louvres. I know the first batch of bonnets with pressed in louvres arrived at the factory in October 1961 so it is possible that my car would have been fitted with either sort originally.
Does any one know when the change was made? has anyone got chassis number 860051 and 860053 as I would love to know what they are fitted with?
Thanks
No owner has admitted to changing the bonnet, but it is fitted with pressed in louvres and it would appear that some people think that cars with chassis numbers later than mine should have welded in louvres. I know the first batch of bonnets with pressed in louvres arrived at the factory in October 1961 so it is possible that my car would have been fitted with either sort originally.
Does any one know when the change was made? has anyone got chassis number 860051 and 860053 as I would love to know what they are fitted with?
Thanks