Page 1 of 1

#1 Leather in a cold climate

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:29 am
by Dad
I live in Alberta and round about now it's starting to get COOOOLLLLDD! I would love to store my e in a gorgeous, luxury, heated four car workshop, but that isn't an option this winter. I have bumped up the antifreeze levels to accommodate the burgeoning freeze, have added fuel stabilizer but have also been told to treat the leather to stop it possibly cracking. I don't plan on sitting on it during the cold, but was wondering;

Can anyone recommend a good leather treatment to keep it supple and crack free during cold weather? I was thinking maybe good old-fashioned dubbin, like me dad used on his Hawkins walking boots all those years ago?

#2

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:06 am
by PeterCrespin
Dubbin is greasy and you wouldn't want to sit on it. Rob Laughton your fellow Canadian is 'Mr Leatherique' in the Great White North. What he doesn't know about leather treatment isn't worth knowing. If you don't succeed with Google or an archive search here or on www.jag-lovers.org let me know.

Pete

#3

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:05 am
by neil4444
I use Gliptone conditioner. It plumps up the leather beautifully & gives it that new leather smell again.

Neil

#4

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:28 am
by the doc
Use a product that does not contain silicone . I live in Toronto and I buy lexol from eshine.ca


Gary
63fhc
887465