I live in Alberta and round about now it's starting to get COOOOLLLLDD! I would love to store my e in a gorgeous, luxury, heated four car workshop, but that isn't an option this winter. I have bumped up the antifreeze levels to accommodate the burgeoning freeze, have added fuel stabilizer but have also been told to treat the leather to stop it possibly cracking. I don't plan on sitting on it during the cold, but was wondering;
Can anyone recommend a good leather treatment to keep it supple and crack free during cold weather? I was thinking maybe good old-fashioned dubbin, like me dad used on his Hawkins walking boots all those years ago?
Leather in a cold climate
-
PeterCrespin
- Posts: 4561
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Contact:

#2
Dubbin is greasy and you wouldn't want to sit on it. Rob Laughton your fellow Canadian is 'Mr Leatherique' in the Great White North. What he doesn't know about leather treatment isn't worth knowing. If you don't succeed with Google or an archive search here or on www.jag-lovers.org let me know.
Pete
Pete
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
I use Gliptone conditioner. It plumps up the leather beautifully & gives it that new leather smell again.
Neil
Neil
Neil
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Use a product that does not contain silicone . I live in Toronto and I buy lexol from eshine.ca
Gary
63fhc
887465
Gary
63fhc
887465
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |





