Page 1 of 1

#1 A couple of Questions

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:50 pm
by Mace
Hi,

Could some one please answer the following questions

The Water Manifold blanking plate seared a bolt upon undoing the bolts could anyone tell me what thread and size of bolt it is , so I can drill out the broken part and re thread very carefully !!

Image

I have been working on the wiper motor today to convert it from Left to Right Hand drive, and have been following Mike Cassidy advice. When I came to switch the two wires as he advised, on my Wipermotor which is a series one 1964 3-8. There was three wires 1 Red to the left and 2 wires to the Right one being Blue.

Do I switch both wires from the left to the Right or just one ?.

Sorry about the poor Photos could not get the camera to focus close up

Image

#2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 pm
by Mace
Image

Thanks Mark

#3 Re: A couple of Questions

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:39 pm
by abowie
Mace wrote:Hi,
thread and size of bolt
3/16 UNC about 1/2" long.

#4

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:04 pm
by Series 1
I sheared two bolts trying to remove mine. I gave up trying to drill them out with a pillar drill and had a plate welded on. I know it's not the original look but personally I think this looks better anyway!

Image

Image

#5

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 pm
by tinworm
For your wiper motor conversion all the wires on one side swap to the other side and vice versa.

regards Barrie

#6

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:58 pm
by Mace
Thank you guys , for the response very helpful.

I think welding the plate will be a last resort if drilling out the broken bolt does not work. Looks very neat though.

Regards

Mark

#7

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm
by mystery type
Sorry about the poor Photos could not get the camera to focus close up
if you put a magnifier glass in front of the camera lens, you will find most camera`s can take really good close-up pictures.

#8

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 pm
by Dave K
mystery type wrote:
Sorry about the poor Photos could not get the camera to focus close up
if you put a magnifier glass in front of the camera lens, you will find most camera`s can take really good close-up pictures.
Use the macro function on the camera, that's what it's for!

Dave

#9

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:49 pm
by Mace
Thanks David , should that be David Bailey :)

Mark