Page 1 of 1

#1 Paint for a 1966 series 1 2+2

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:14 am
by urpethdj
I wonder in anyone can help.

I have a red 1966 2+2 and assume this is carmen red.

I would like to buy a touch up brush for stone chips and possibly a spray can too.

Any ideas where I can buy it and what I need to ask for?

Thanks

Dave

#2

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:22 am
by neil4444
Hi Dave, Carmen Red code is 3097. Some more info here on what dates / models colours were used:

http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=951

There are a number of suppliers who can provide. I bought a spray can from a shop on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Type-Jaguar ... 3a91804ee5

I guess they would be able to do touch up paint too.

Regards,

#3

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:35 am
by urpethdj
That's very helpful. Many thanks

Dave

#4

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:45 pm
by tim wood
Have to say I purchased a can from Halfords _ not expensive and they mixed to order whilst I waited. they gave me the remains of the mix not needed FOC in a small screw top jar

I don't normally trust them but this was fine

tim