Seat belt mounting point

Talk about the E-Type Series 1
User avatar

Topic author
Simonpfhc
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Surrey
Great Britain

#1 Seat belt mounting point

Post by Simonpfhc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi all,

My car is a 62 FHC that was never fitted with seat belts. I have fitted full new floor panels from Martin Robey that has the outer seat belt point for the lap belt but neither the new floor panels or (original) centre tunnel has a mount point for the centre lap belt mounting. I have a pair of new mounting points (provided by Robey) but my question is, is their any preference to mounting it on the rear part if the centre tunnel (as per later FHC's) or to the floor panel as per the Jaguar service bulletin for my MY? So looking for some guidance on the best location from a belt mounting point-of-view??

Cheers.
Simon
62 3.8 FHC
91 Porsche 928GT
Find me on Instagram and Facebook @oldcarfixer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


1954Etype
Moderator
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:32 pm
Contact:
Great Britain

#2

Post by 1954Etype » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I think the best place is on the rear of the tunnel as the only belts I have seen suit this type of mounting position.
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic