#1 ID of Dunlop caliper cylinder
Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 am
Could someone in the forum confirm the IDs for S1 e-type caliper cylinders?
I would think the 2 1/8" is 2 1/8" ID, but mine isn't. Probably bored out due to rust and pistons dressed with larger rubbers.
Same happened with the 1 3/4".
My plan is to machine and press stainless steel sleeves on them. Get the seals from SNG and redress the pistons. However, I will need to know the manufacturing ID of the cylinders.
If someone has the Dunlop cylinders laying around. It would be much appreciated if you could forward the measurements to me.
Thanks!
Fred
I would think the 2 1/8" is 2 1/8" ID, but mine isn't. Probably bored out due to rust and pistons dressed with larger rubbers.
Same happened with the 1 3/4".
My plan is to machine and press stainless steel sleeves on them. Get the seals from SNG and redress the pistons. However, I will need to know the manufacturing ID of the cylinders.
If someone has the Dunlop cylinders laying around. It would be much appreciated if you could forward the measurements to me.
Thanks!
Fred