Page 1 of 1

#1 Brake warnig light earth position.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:51 pm
by paulsco
Would someone please tell me where the earth eyelet for the brake level warning light connects to at the back of the two reservoir bottles on the 4.2?

Thanks,

Paul

#2

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 pm
by christopher storey
There should be two spade terminals for the cap of each bottle. It does not matter which wire goes to which terminal

#3

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:29 pm
by 1954Etype
If you referring to where the earth is from the cap, I *think* there is a spade connector screwed into the bulkhead. Look carefully for an unused hole for a self tapper or look in the originality thread on here for a photo to confirm.

#4

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:01 pm
by paulsco
There is a trace of a very small hole in the spot weld line above the raised welded-on bracket that the bottle bracket is bolted to.
As mine is originally LHD, the hole is unused and no screw has been used to open it up.

I can also see this tiny hole in one of the pictures in the 4.2 originality thread (picture sixth row down in the middle), but again it is on a LHD car.

In one picture on XKE Data, I can see an earth attached to this area, however in every other picture I have studied I cannot see an earth attached at this point, which made me assume it was attached at the back of the bottle bracket.

Today at the NEC Classic Car Show, I looked at the SNG Barratt 4.2 and it would appear that on this particular car the earth comes through the bulkhead with the live.
I don?t know if this is correct, but I suspect possibly not?

Paul

#5

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:51 am
by paulsco
Interestingly on page 272 and 273 of the Parts Catalogue it states earth connections:
Lucar Blade for Brake Fluid Level Warning Light C15789.

Self Taping Screw securing Brake Fluid Warning Light Connector Clips to Bulkhead DAZ.406/6C?

Paul