Map light wiring
#1 Map light wiring
On my new wiring loom the bullets pre soldered onto the purple wires to the dash map light are too small for the spring clips on the light unit. Can anyone confirm to me that there should be bullets on this wiring or should they be the little push in bullets that you trap the bare wire around and fix that way? If the latter, any ideas where they can be bought ? I don't want to close up the spring clips for fear of them snapping.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
David Oslo
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm
- Location: Norway

#2
My car has something that at least sounds like your description of push-in bullets and copper wire stuck through and then trapped.


David
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Those are they thank you for your trouble. Now I need to find a source for some.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
David Oslo
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm
- Location: Norway

#4
My pleasure. Glad to help the forum out, in return for the help I have myself gained from the forum.
Oh, and I have been waiting for an excuse to pop out to the makeshift garage and visit the old girl :D
Oh, and I have been waiting for an excuse to pop out to the makeshift garage and visit the old girl :D
David
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
Thanks Ian! I had just found them myself and was about to post it. Well that was a quick resolution. What a great forum this is :D
Last edited by andrewh on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#7
Nice Avatar Ian........that engine has come out looking great......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#8
Thanks Steve, I know it's not original but I've kept all the parts and any future owner can easily revert to standard. David Lonsdale did a cracking job on the carbs, I'm very pleased with them.mgcjag wrote:Nice Avatar Ian........that engine has come out looking great......Steve
Ian
E-type - TBC
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



