Page 1 of 1

#1 Screw on oil filter replacement

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:20 pm
by Tony
I am changing the oil on my S1 1662 e type which has a screw on oil filter. The current filter is a Mahle OC 82. Looking on the Internet I can only find one on E bay which is fine.
The questions are

1. Are Mahle a good make
2. Is there a good quality alternative
3. Are Mahler OC82 a rare filter as when I search they do not come up that readily.


Regards

Tony

#2

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 pm
by abowie
FWIW the filter I bought from Barratts came with a Mann W916/1. Note that this is a different filter from yours.

I have the following cross reference data for it.

ANT: SP1507 MAHLE: OC23 MEHR: n/a
FRAM: PH2857A MANN: W916/1 UFI: 2310200 RYCO Z89a

I'm sure that Barratts sell the filters.

#3

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 am
by Tony
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. I will contact Barratts to see if they can identify the replacement.

Tony