Page 1 of 1

#1 Map light wiring

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:52 pm
by andrewh
On my new wiring loom the bullets pre soldered onto the purple wires to the dash map light are too small for the spring clips on the light unit. Can anyone confirm to me that there should be bullets on this wiring or should they be the little push in bullets that you trap the bare wire around and fix that way? If the latter, any ideas where they can be bought ? I don't want to close up the spring clips for fear of them snapping.

#2

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:08 pm
by David Oslo
My car has something that at least sounds like your description of push-in bullets and copper wire stuck through and then trapped.

Image

#3

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:11 pm
by andrewh
Those are they thank you for your trouble. Now I need to find a source for some.

#4

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 pm
by David Oslo
My pleasure. Glad to help the forum out, in return for the help I have myself gained from the forum.

Oh, and I have been waiting for an excuse to pop out to the makeshift garage and visit the old girl :D

#5

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 pm
by iani
Is this what you're after Andrew: http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/p ... category/6

Ian

#6

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:59 pm
by andrewh
Thanks Ian! I had just found them myself and was about to post it. Well that was a quick resolution. What a great forum this is :D

#7

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:28 pm
by mgcjag
Nice Avatar Ian........that engine has come out looking great......Steve

#8

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 pm
by iani
mgcjag wrote:Nice Avatar Ian........that engine has come out looking great......Steve
Thanks Steve, I know it's not original but I've kept all the parts and any future owner can easily revert to standard. David Lonsdale did a cracking job on the carbs, I'm very pleased with them.

Ian