Page 1 of 1

#1 Interior trim changes in 1963

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm
by Duckham
I talked to one of the trim companies at Stoneleigh recently about getting material for a beige retrim on my Sept 1963 OTS and they mentioned that around then the embossing of the material changed, and that the original was not available.
I got the impression they were talking specifically about the beige but that seems unlikely.

I'm aware of the transition away from alloy for console and instrument panel and of course the alloy was cross hatch not dotty for a while but can anyone educate me on what changes happened to the material?

Thanks
Joe

#2

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:20 pm
by Heuer
Some of the 1961/62 cars had a coarse grain black leather whilst others had smooth grain (not sure if other colours were the same). After that the leather seems to have been consistently a smooth grain. The leather used in the E-Type was Connolly Vaumol which until very recently was no longer made: viewtopic.php?t=1384

#3

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:55 am
by Duckham
Thanks David,
It was a very brief stand-up conversation while he was being hassled by other punters so I may have misunderstood.
I'll do some ringing around when back in the UK
Joe