#1 Rev counter and bonnet
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 pm
Sorry if this has been asked before but my rev counter (66 FHC) seems to display a slightly different problem to others.
At first it will not move, then at around 3000 rpm it starts working (ish) but falls much slower than the revs and then just drops to zero.
Initially the gerenator wasnt working but I have changed that and now have approx 5V A.C at the cables on the back of the dash at tickover and it rises with the revs.
Just a matter of a rev counter repair or is there something I am missing? Would Speedograph Richfield be a good choice?
Also my bonnet will not stay up on its own. Is there any adjustment in the springs to hold it open? Do I just need new springs?
At first it will not move, then at around 3000 rpm it starts working (ish) but falls much slower than the revs and then just drops to zero.
Initially the gerenator wasnt working but I have changed that and now have approx 5V A.C at the cables on the back of the dash at tickover and it rises with the revs.
Just a matter of a rev counter repair or is there something I am missing? Would Speedograph Richfield be a good choice?
Also my bonnet will not stay up on its own. Is there any adjustment in the springs to hold it open? Do I just need new springs?