Hood frame paint codes
#1 Hood frame paint codes
I am sure it will be on here somewhere but a search has not thrown it up. Is there a known BS paint code for the hood frame and seat frames etc on a series 1?
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Its that dove grey colour same as the rad shield. We found that its very close to the greeny/grey of Rustbusters 121 epoxy mastic primer which with extra thinners has a nice sheen.
Sorry I dont know the actual code.
Sorry I dont know the actual code.
64 S1 4.2 OTS 1E10012 73 S3 2+2 manual 2013 V6 F type OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
BS381C is the British Standard for paint colours established in 1930 and used up until it was superseded by BS4800 in the 1970's. Suggest you consider BS381C-694 'Dove Grey' because it has a tint of green and also a good match to the hood frame, seat frames, stone guard frame, radiator tie bars, brake/clutch bracket and the four small brackets supporting the flexible brake hoses also on the car. Ken Verity also concurs. I used CJ Aerosols (buy two £9.99 cans as they waive the £10 shipping fee for a single can) cellulose 90% gloss.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
thank you chaps. I will follow up on that. in fact David I did follow your advice and bought two tins for the 3.8, but was unsure whether it was the same paint for the hood frame and seat bases. It would appear to be so I wanted the code to give to my painter friend. thanks once again
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



