Page 1 of 1
#1 Jag Shop E-Type for sale
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:40 pm
by Dave K
I got an email from the Jag shop this evening:
3.8 OTS for sale ?255K Looks nice.
http://tinyurl.com/zssclek
Dave
#2
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:42 pm
by vee eight
So did I.
I think they have sent it to everybody.
#3 Jag shop
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:44 pm
by cactusman
Yes...I saw it somewhere on line...looks lovely....be even lovlier if K represented just just two zeros.... Lol...would one dare drive it I wonder....
#4
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:06 pm
by iani
I'm very impressed with their attention to detail, who else would have thought of fitting "brand new tyres" on a ?255k car.
#5
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:11 pm
by ALAN COCHRANE
It's a hell of a price tag for a 3.8 but nice to know since it's younger than mine. Is it even a flat floor if so it would just about justify the price.
I'm also confused about the matching numbers quote since it now has a 5 speed box.
It'll be interesting to see if it actually sells at the asking price.
Cheers
Alan
#6
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:18 pm
by mgcjag
Wonder what thermostat they fitted

you need to read the thermostat posts to understand
#7
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:15 pm
by Jeremy
Is it metallic green? If so, I saw it being built there back in December, just before the trimming stage. Beautiful thing. Nick the owner said all they had to start with was the reg document. So it's entirely from new or reclaimed parts. 850396 stamped on the picture frame.
#8
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:59 pm
by Pim
Don't know about the UK, but in the Netherlands this wouldn't fly if the RDW (the Dutch DMV) found out. They would X out the VIN and give it a modern one.
#9
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:32 pm
by Dave K
Jeremy wrote:Is it metallic green? If so, I saw it being built there back in December, just before the trimming stage. Beautiful thing. Nick the owner said all they had to start with was the reg document. So it's entirely from new or reclaimed parts. 850396 stamped on the picture frame.
Not according to xkedata.com, the car was first offered for auction for ?80K the original owner started the resto but couldn't complete so had to sell it.
Dave
#10
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 pm
by ALAN COCHRANE
If that was the chassis number then it is only 7 away from mine and would have started life as a flat floor. Still a lot of money for the car.
Dave
I've now fitted the heatshield and I'm very pleased with it. The trick to not scratching the picture frame paint is to use strips of rubber under the brackets.
I used an old rubber gauntlet from my work.
Alan
#11
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:23 pm
by Dave K
ALAN COCHRANE wrote:If that was the chassis number then it is only 7 away from mine and would have started life as a flat floor. Still a lot of money for the car.
Dave
I've now fitted the heatshield and I'm very pleased with it. The trick to not scratching the picture frame paint is to use strips of rubber under the brackets.
I used an old rubber gauntlet from my work.
Alan
Good idea, I have used inner tube in the past.
Dave
#12
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:44 am
by christopher storey
So, ?255K for an "evocation" ?? When the DVLA find that out, there will be trouble. This will all end in tears