Flat Floor E for sale Bonhams

Talk about the E-Type Series 1
User avatar

Topic author
andrewh
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:31 am
Location: kent
Great Britain

#1 Flat Floor E for sale Bonhams

Post by andrewh » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm

this looks a nice thing on first glance. However, am I alone in questioning the numbering of the cylinder head and front picture frame? The font certainly looks iffy on the cylinder head, and I have never seen front picture frame stamping quite so "drunk". I recall being offered this car, and was effectively just a picture frame and ID hence I didnt pursue it. Gee whizz you have to be careful or maybe it doesn't matter?
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23595/lot/153/
1962 3.8 Series One FHC

http://etype860897.blogspot.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Nickleback
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: West Sussex
Great Britain

#2 Re: Flat Floor E for sale Bonhams

Post by Nickleback » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Andrew,

Looked it up on XKEData & it is quoted as:

Originally Gun Metal Grey with Black interior
Awaiting restoration
2014-11-04 12:53:45 | richard spittle writes:
owned for 25 years plus
time it went
if anyone feels the need

But now listed as fully restored by Bonhams in GMG with blue interior ?

Doesn't really help build confidence in it ?
Mike,
1970 S2 FHC 2R28165

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic