Page 1 of 1

#1 Honestly!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:41 pm
by richard btype
The last thing I needed this afternoon was to receive a phone call from a motoring pal of mine "might you be interested in a left hand drive OTS Etype imported from the USA"?

The car but 5 miles away! the next thing of course I'm looking at this yuky gold OTS (with factory hard top) quite solid, running, but in need of refreshment and still with its original Marston radiator fitted, even the cadmium plated components are still in good shape.

The original colour according to the Heritage build sheet is Opalescent Blue - the same colour as the FHC featured in the 'Factory Fit 3.8 Series' post but with a light blue interior, which I assume would be the same as chassis no 15 from CMC.

But the coincidence - the build date 10th April 1962 just 7 days earlier than my FHC, the engine number 14 away! they might even have passed each other on the production line!

Do I need it? like a hole in the head... :lol: :lol:

Sleepless night coming up!

#2 Honestly

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm
by cactusman
Nobody needs an E type!!!
Look at it this way. You will have a spare one for when 860403 is off for its MOT....that sounds a good enough justification to me....lol

Or....you are just buying a lot of spares in one go...we all have garages full of spares....just that all your spares are joined together...

There....two reasons to buy....

#3 Re: Honestly!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 pm
by abowie
richard btype wrote:
Do I need it? like a hole in the head... :lol: :lol:

Sleepless night coming up!
Of course you do. I have 3 of the things!

#4

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:18 am
by neil4444
So when does it arrive ??? :)

#5

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:14 pm
by richard btype
Mis read the production date, they were built on the 10 and 11th of April respectively - shared parts out of the same bin! - if only that should be the reason...

#6

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:50 pm
by richard btype
That was a short lived period of excitement - vendor has now decided to retain car!