Carpet color
#1 Carpet color
Does any body knows what was the original caprpet color when interior was suede green.
A where can I find this material
I have already received samples from Woolies & BAS but i am not sure they are the correct ones
A where can I find this material
I have already received samples from Woolies & BAS but i am not sure they are the correct ones
Eric
860160 january 1962
860160 january 1962
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Hi Whats your name..... have a chat with Aldridge they should be able to help http://www.aldridge.co.uk
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
The whole interior was 'Suede Green' to match the leather. Also, uniquely, the headlining of the FHC was suede green - all other cars used grey. Another bit of trivia is that all OTS's originally had 'Suede Green' leather hood tie down straps regardless of the interior trim. In total there were 1,562 cars trimmed in Suede Green and all associated with some version of green paintwork.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Ooops ..... Eric from Belgiummgcjag wrote:Hi Whats your name.....
Thank you Steve and David
It's really difficult to find a picture of the original suede green carpet color
Eric
860160 january 1962
860160 january 1962
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
Hi Eric, there's a few on xkedata.com if you search on suede green interior. The green carpet certainly looks right with suede green.
Regards,
Regards,
Neil
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
1962 S1 OTS
1967 S1 FHC
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
Here is a photo showing how close a colour match the carpet is to the leather:

Forum member Peder Mansson has a beautiful BRG FHC with Suede Green interior. Send him an email and see if he can give you some photos and tips on where to purchase the correct carpet: p-mansson@bluewin.ch

Forum member Peder Mansson has a beautiful BRG FHC with Suede Green interior. Send him an email and see if he can give you some photos and tips on where to purchase the correct carpet: p-mansson@bluewin.ch
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#7 Carpet colour
If it helps BAS list suede green both in vinyl and carpets. I have had bits from them and they are most hlpful
Www.car-hood.CO.UK
J
Www.car-hood.CO.UK
J
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
richard btype
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire

#8
I've always found John Skinner to be both helpful and knowledgeable
3.8 FHC Chassis no: 860403
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
DOM - 11th April 1962
Also
4.2 FHC Chassis no: 1E32173
DOM - 12th December 1965
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
jeremybarnes
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:14 pm

#9
Interesting chain for me, as i'm in the same boat, with an Opalescent Dark Green/Suede Green S1 FHC. I've posted an ad in the for sale/wanted section for anyone looking to part with any Suede Green interior parts, but no luck there.
My car came to me with the front carpets, harduras and seats removed, and now that i'm ready to put everything back in, I find that I'm missing the main floor carpets. I was excited when I bought the car, as my hope was to keep it as original as possible, even if it meant a slightly scruffy look, but now my plan is to replace all the carpets as i'll never be able to match new pieces to the faded original ones. I'm just hoping this isn't the first walk down the very slippery slope to doing too much...!
Anyway, I'd been recommended to BAS by a few people, and am planning on giving them a ring on Monday to get a carpet sample, then do the order. Open to any other suggestions too, if someone says I shouldn't be shopping there.
Jeremy.
My car came to me with the front carpets, harduras and seats removed, and now that i'm ready to put everything back in, I find that I'm missing the main floor carpets. I was excited when I bought the car, as my hope was to keep it as original as possible, even if it meant a slightly scruffy look, but now my plan is to replace all the carpets as i'll never be able to match new pieces to the faded original ones. I'm just hoping this isn't the first walk down the very slippery slope to doing too much...!
Anyway, I'd been recommended to BAS by a few people, and am planning on giving them a ring on Monday to get a carpet sample, then do the order. Open to any other suggestions too, if someone says I shouldn't be shopping there.
Jeremy.
1967 Series 1 Coupe
1E33679
Coto de Caza, California
1E33679
Coto de Caza, California
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Stuart Exelby
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 am
- Location: Oxfordshire

#10
Jeremy - I've used two different suppliers for various interior parts on two different cars..... I haven't used BAS so can't give any sort of recommendation for them - but would definitely use Aldridge again. I appreciate different people have different experiences - just relaying mine! Hope all goes well
1967 Series 1 OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#11
I have received all samples from BAS
Carpet seems to be ok
Hardura is a sort of dark green and I'll use that one from Woolies which looks better
Except BAS I haven't found moquette
BAS vinyl & leather are not what I am looking for
Cononly is supposed to have the original suede green leather and one of the Woolies vinyl is really not bad
Headlining is also supposed to be Green (apple green )
Carpet seems to be ok
Hardura is a sort of dark green and I'll use that one from Woolies which looks better
Except BAS I haven't found moquette
BAS vinyl & leather are not what I am looking for
Cononly is supposed to have the original suede green leather and one of the Woolies vinyl is really not bad
Headlining is also supposed to be Green (apple green )
Eric
860160 january 1962
860160 january 1962
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |




