Page 1 of 1
#1 Carpet color
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:16 pm
by AMR
Does any body knows what was the original caprpet color when interior was suede green.
A where can I find this material
I have already received samples from Woolies & BAS but i am not sure they are the correct ones
#2
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm
by mgcjag
Hi Whats your name..... have a chat with Aldridge they should be able to help
http://www.aldridge.co.uk
#3
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 pm
by Heuer
The whole interior was 'Suede Green' to match the leather. Also, uniquely, the headlining of the FHC was suede green - all other cars used grey. Another bit of trivia is that all OTS's originally had 'Suede Green' leather hood tie down straps regardless of the interior trim. In total there were 1,562 cars trimmed in Suede Green and all associated with some version of green paintwork.
#4
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 pm
by AMR
mgcjag wrote:Hi Whats your name.....
Ooops ..... Eric from Belgium
Thank you Steve and David
It's really difficult to find a picture of the original suede green carpet color
#5
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:33 pm
by neil4444
Hi Eric, there's a few on xkedata.com if you search on suede green interior. The green carpet certainly looks right with suede green.
Regards,
#6
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm
by Heuer
Here is a photo showing how close a colour match the carpet is to the leather:
Forum member Peder Mansson has a beautiful BRG FHC with Suede Green interior. Send him an email and see if he can give you some photos and tips on where to purchase the correct carpet:
p-mansson@bluewin.ch
#7 Carpet colour
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:27 pm
by cactusman
If it helps BAS list suede green both in vinyl and carpets. I have had bits from them and they are most hlpful
Www.car-hood.CO.UK
J
#8
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:12 pm
by richard btype
I've always found John Skinner to be both helpful and knowledgeable
#9
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm
by jeremybarnes
Interesting chain for me, as i'm in the same boat, with an Opalescent Dark Green/Suede Green S1 FHC. I've posted an ad in the for sale/wanted section for anyone looking to part with any Suede Green interior parts, but no luck there.
My car came to me with the front carpets, harduras and seats removed, and now that i'm ready to put everything back in, I find that I'm missing the main floor carpets. I was excited when I bought the car, as my hope was to keep it as original as possible, even if it meant a slightly scruffy look, but now my plan is to replace all the carpets as i'll never be able to match new pieces to the faded original ones. I'm just hoping this isn't the first walk down the very slippery slope to doing too much...!
Anyway, I'd been recommended to BAS by a few people, and am planning on giving them a ring on Monday to get a carpet sample, then do the order. Open to any other suggestions too, if someone says I shouldn't be shopping there.
Jeremy.
#10
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 pm
by Stuart Exelby
Jeremy - I've used two different suppliers for various interior parts on two different cars..... I haven't used BAS so can't give any sort of recommendation for them - but would definitely use Aldridge again. I appreciate different people have different experiences - just relaying mine! Hope all goes well
#11
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:05 pm
by AMR
I have received all samples from BAS
Carpet seems to be ok
Hardura is a sort of dark green and I'll use that one from Woolies which looks better
Except BAS I haven't found moquette
BAS vinyl & leather are not what I am looking for
Cononly is supposed to have the original suede green leather and one of the Woolies vinyl is really not bad
Headlining is also supposed to be Green (apple green )