Page 1 of 1

#1 Body number ID plate

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:14 pm
by commemorative74
I have various cars with the body number ID plates missing for various reasons. So I decided, at vast expense, to order them already reverse embossed.
One of the cars is a home market, very late, 1967 roadster. Unfortunately where the tag is normally pop riveted on there are numerous holes where I assume the tag has been removed and re-instated at different times.
The centers on my new plates are approximately 54mm which does not correspond with any of the hole centers.
So can anyone please confirm what the correct hole centers should be.
Thanking you in advance

Alex

#2

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:23 pm
by PeterCrespin
How come you have 'various' bodies without ID? Even a totally stripped shell still has its tag unless deliberately removed. I assume my two stolen cars had their tags removed PDQ.

I can think of one legit reason but I suppose there may be others. Before I aid and abet with info I'd be interested to know the car numbers not just the body numbers. Can't imagine any reason for not supplying that info first?

Pete