Page 1 of 1

#1 FLOOR COVER ON 1967 E-TYPE OTS

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:22 pm
by dberaja
HI.
I am restoring an 1967 OTS E-Type and during the unasembly process I discovered that all the floors of the car are covered by a Hessian Sack material like a potato or rice sack material. Please see the pictures.
Is that original or teh previous owner use to sell potatos and covered the interior with sack material?? :lol: :wow:
Image

Image

Image

Best regards

David

#2 Re: FLOOR COVER ON 1967 E-TYPE OTS

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:44 am
by christopher storey
It certainly is not original , and presumably it was done as some sort of primitive sound deadening tactic , but given the amount these cars leak , it would be absolutely lethal to the floors, by retaining moisture

#3 Re: FLOOR COVER ON 1967 E-TYPE OTS

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:46 am
by paulsco
Hi David,
I have been looking at pictures of my 65 FHC and there is clearly the same type of sacking present on the inner sills and other places.
It is unclear whether it is original as the interior of the car had been customized, but it was in bad condition and I had assumed it was original.

Paul

#4 Re: FLOOR COVER ON 1967 E-TYPE OTS

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:50 pm
by paulsco