Page 1 of 1

#1 Flat Floor E for sale Bonhams

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:56 pm
by andrewh
this looks a nice thing on first glance. However, am I alone in questioning the numbering of the cylinder head and front picture frame? The font certainly looks iffy on the cylinder head, and I have never seen front picture frame stamping quite so "drunk". I recall being offered this car, and was effectively just a picture frame and ID hence I didnt pursue it. Gee whizz you have to be careful or maybe it doesn't matter?
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23595/lot/153/

#2 Re: Flat Floor E for sale Bonhams

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:18 pm
by Nickleback
Andrew,

Looked it up on XKEData & it is quoted as:

Originally Gun Metal Grey with Black interior
Awaiting restoration
2014-11-04 12:53:45 | richard spittle writes:
owned for 25 years plus
time it went
if anyone feels the need

But now listed as fully restored by Bonhams in GMG with blue interior ?

Doesn't really help build confidence in it ?