#1 Water thrower
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 pm
Evening gents,
Just a quick question regarding the rear hub water throwers. In changing the hub bearings, the original water thrower had to be sacrificed.
Silly me, I forgot my previous experiences of reproduction parts....
The new water thrower (from a well known supplier) has an internal diameter that is too small to fit and indeed doesn’t even look perfectly circular!
In view of the fact that there is an oil seal and I believe in a previous post on the forum, the thought is that the thrower is unnecessary in any case, I’m minded to not go to the hassle of trying to fettle the repro one and just not fit it.
Thoughts appreciated!
Many thanks,
Rich
Just a quick question regarding the rear hub water throwers. In changing the hub bearings, the original water thrower had to be sacrificed.
Silly me, I forgot my previous experiences of reproduction parts....
The new water thrower (from a well known supplier) has an internal diameter that is too small to fit and indeed doesn’t even look perfectly circular!
In view of the fact that there is an oil seal and I believe in a previous post on the forum, the thought is that the thrower is unnecessary in any case, I’m minded to not go to the hassle of trying to fettle the repro one and just not fit it.
Thoughts appreciated!
Many thanks,
Rich


