Page 1 of 1
#1 looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:53 pm
by ysmalkie
I am researching Triplex logos on Jaguar glass.
I have covered pretty well logos from '48 up to '67, however I would like to get my hands on logos up to '69.
I am looking for original TRIPLEX logos from '68 & '69 logos from windscreen and side/rear windows.
You help is much appreciated, I am happy to show results once completed.
Tadek
#2 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:15 pm
by Ian Cooke
Hi Tadek
Logos on my windscreen and side windows. I'm not sure if the windscreen is original.
July 1969 FHC
Ian

#3 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:12 pm
by ysmalkie
Hi Ian,
This car has almost the same windscreen logo, so I guess it's a correct one, however the '69 windscreen logos seem to be a complete mess..
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=1R7035
Is your glass tinted on the windshield??
Your side window logo is a February '69 glass - tinted
Could you possibly take a photo of your boot window logo?
Tadek
#4 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:03 pm
by Heuer
Epic work Tadek!

#5 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:42 pm
by Ian Cooke
Hi Tadek
The windscreen isn't tinted.
Here is a picture of the boot wiƱdow logo.
Ian

#6 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:44 pm
by ysmalkie
This makes it really weird.
There seems to be a dot (almost) under "d" in TOUGHENED - do I see it right?
The dots above TRIPLEX mean the glass is from November.
Tadek
#7 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 am
by Red Kite
I think most of my glass has probably been replaced.
This is from the rear side window... Looks like June and my Car was built in August after the factory summer shutdown.
This is the door glass, i never heard of Tyneside Glass before !

#8 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:29 am
by Ian Cooke
Hi Tadek
Yes, there is a small dot under the 'd'.
Ian
#9 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:58 am
by ysmalkie
Gerry,
The side window sees to be from '68, as there is a dot under "E" in toughened.
Can you take a look at other (TRIPLEX) glass?
What is unusual, is that the monthly dating (as opposed to quarterly dating) started from January '69..
So, either the dating method actually came in earlier or the your window is special as it has a dating bug!!!
Tadek
#10 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:41 pm
by Red Kite
Hi Tadek,
I have removed the stickers and cleaned the glass. It is still difficult to tell whether some of the dots are just wear marks from over the years.
The front windsreen may have been replaced by a top tinted one and the rear hatch screen by a heated window. Both of those would be mid nineties but maybe old stock.
Windscreen
Rear Screen
Both rear side windows.

#11 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:54 am
by ysmalkie
Thanks so much Gerry,
The side windows look definitely original, but I think the front one and the rear might be original, too. The '69 was the year when TRIPLEX switched to the painted logos.
What's really a mystery is the monthly dating system on these '68 glass pieces.
Many thanks!
Tadek
#12 Re: looking for TRIPLEX logos for '68 & '69
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 pm
by Fred
Tadek,
I am the original owner of a Series 1.5 USA model E-type OTS. I tried to add a photo of the door glass Triplex logo to this post, but could not. All I got was some letters and symbols one try and a jpeg number the other but no photo. So I'm not sure what to do. The door glass is original to the car, but the windshield has been changed out at least twice in the car's 165,000+ mile life.
Fred