Page 1 of 1

#1 Scissor Jack colour

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:43 pm
by DazbodS2
Hi All,

I am restoring a late series 2 Metallifacture Scissor Jack with the square locating pad (not the usual cantilever type). This is from a 1970 UK Coupe. Can anyone confirm the colour please? I have seen reference to Blue/Grey BS633 but this is far darker than the light grey it currently has and similar jacks I have seen. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Darren

#2 Re: Scissor Jack colour

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:13 pm
by Heuer
Jaguar used BS-381c colours as they were an industry standard. See if one of trhem matches your jack: https://www.e-paint.co.uk/BS381-Colour-chart.asp

Bear in mind the colours might be different on your screen so best to get hold of a printed chart if you are unsure.

#3 Re: Scissor Jack colour

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:44 pm
by DazbodS2
Thanks David appreciate your response and advice.