Needing E Type S2 Panels

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#1 Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Route 66 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:15 pm

I live in the US. I bought my 1971 E Type DHC in 1980. I would like to purchase good fitting quality panels for my Series II restoration. I am More concerned with quality and workmanship than price. Your help with this matter would be most appreciated.. Thank You Route 66

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Gfhug » Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Try Chuck at Monocoque https://monocoque-metalworks.myshopify.com/

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Route 66
United States of America

#3 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Route 66 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm

HI Geoff. Thanks for your reply. About Monocoque metals. Have you done a restoration using there panels If so which panels did you replace and did they fit without having to modify them? Thanks Route 66

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Rich70
Great Britain

#4 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Rich70 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Route 66,

You’re going to struggle to find anyone better than Chuck! Have a look at some of his YouTube videos. I’ve delt with Chuck in the past and he is very honest.

Rich
Richard. UK RHD 1970 S2 2+2 Auto.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#5 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Heuer » Fri May 28, 2021 4:00 pm

:yeahthat:
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#6 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Gfhug » Fri May 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Route 66 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:25 pm
Have you done a restoration using there panels If so which panels did you replace and did they fit without having to modify them? Thanks Route 66
Hi Route 66, no experience of using Monocoque panels, but know of people who have been very happy with his work and he is reputedly a very helpful person to talk to.

Good luck and let us know how you get on as it is all useful information to share

Geoff

PS do you a name other than Route 66? Please add to you signature :wink:
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#7 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by christopher storey » Fri May 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Best UK supplier in my view is Hutsons who make their own panels . Andy Rayner is the man to speak to 01274 669052 . As others have said , Monocoque has a good reputation but the distance is a problem particularly if you encounter any difficulties , and Hutsons panels are made in zintec

PS DISREGARD : I hadn't realised you were in the USA - sorry for the misleading information :wow: :wow:
Last edited by christopher storey on Sat May 29, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Geoff Allam
Canada

#8 Re: Needing E Type S2 Panels

Post by Geoff Allam » Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 am

Hi Route 66. I did a complete replacement of the floors, inner and outer sills and closing panels, toe panels, bonnet flanges, rear lower wings, floor cross members and rear bulkhead dish panels on my 67 ots. The outer sills, closing panels, floor cross members, bonnet flanges, and rear bulkhead dish panels were all MM panels and all fit exceptionally well. The floors and inner sills were Robey and fit with no modifications. The rear lower wings and the toe panels were Robey and required a fair bit of tweaking. MM now produces the toe panels and they will undoubtably fit. As you are in the US I would recommend that you contact Chuck at MM and discuss your needs with him. He will advise you as to what you need based on pictures and discussion and also steer you toward the best source for any panels he does not make. My experience was that when parts purchased from or recommended by Chuck did not fit it was because of previous accident damage and repairs on the car or else I was doing something wrong. Good luck with your restoration.
Geoff Allam
67 series1 ots under restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic