OTS Interior Light Wiring Missing

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
TheMadBadger
United States of America

#1 OTS Interior Light Wiring Missing

Post by TheMadBadger » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:30 pm

Good afternoon,
I finally got around to checking why the interior light doesn’t work on my series 2 convertible, besides the bulb being missing. The switch has power in and out, with the correct color wires, so I pulled the interior lamp housing out to check it and there is no wiring to it. Can anyone tell me where the wiring for this light would be routed so I can start looking around for it? Would it come in from the trunk side, or under the interior trim inside the cockpit?
I like everything to work on my car so if all I need is to find the lamp wiring and run it properly I will. Or maybe run a new one if it comes down to it, but so far the wiring on the car has been all correct and not bodged.
The car is a left hand drive but I don’t think it would matter for this component.

Regards,
Mark
Mark Badger
1968 Series 2 E-type convertible
1971 Series 2 E-type coupe

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

288gto
Russia

#2 Re: OTS Interior Light Wiring Missing

Post by 288gto » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:47 am

Hi Mark,

I'm assuming you mean the light on the rear bulkhead. From memory the wiring is in the boot/trunk and comes off the loom from the left hand side where the hinge mounts.

Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
TheMadBadger
United States of America

#3 Re: OTS Interior Light Wiring Missing

Post by TheMadBadger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 am

Yes Simon, your assumption is correct. The routing you mention makes the most sense. The harness is visible where it comes into the trunk and along the side but I can’t see a lead coming off it to the bulkhead lamp. I will take a closer look.

Thanks you

Mark
Mark Badger

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
TheMadBadger
United States of America

#4 Re: OTS Interior Light Wiring Missing

Post by TheMadBadger » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:15 pm

Good afternoon,
I did some digging into the left side of the trunk compartment; removed trim panels, etc. I found the lead to the interior lamp but it exited the harness very far back in the car near the gas tank filler -too far to ever reach the lamp. I cut into the harness wrap up where the lamp wire should have exited and pulled the wire out there, then ran it to the lamp. The lamp works perfectly now. I taped up the harness wrap, reinstalled the trunk trim and job done and dusted.

Thanks for the help
Mark
Mark Badger

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic