My wiper arms and blades are all new but when it rains they are useless. The right hand blade barely touches the screen at all when it wipes and the others clear small patches and leave large areas of the screen unwiped.
Is this normal?
If not what is the recommended fix? It seems to me that the arms do not have enough tension but as I say they are brand new from SNG.
Eric
Windscreen Wipers
-
Eric Capron
Topic author - Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 pm
- Location: Shropshire
- Contact:

#2
Eric
Perfectly normal! The fix is to use Rain-X on the screen which means above 30mph the water beads and runs off. Don't forget to buy some Rain-X washer bottle additive at the same time to 'top-up' the protection. We have used this method across Europe and rarely have to switch on the wipers even in the heaviest rain and spray.
You could try increasing the arm tension but take care as too much will burn out the motor.
Perfectly normal! The fix is to use Rain-X on the screen which means above 30mph the water beads and runs off. Don't forget to buy some Rain-X washer bottle additive at the same time to 'top-up' the protection. We have used this method across Europe and rarely have to switch on the wipers even in the heaviest rain and spray.
You could try increasing the arm tension but take care as too much will burn out the motor.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Eric Capron
Topic author - Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:03 pm
- Location: Shropshire
- Contact:

#3
David,
Thanks I've heard about Rain-X - I'll try some. I suppose that we've become accustomed to modern wipers.
Eric
Thanks I've heard about Rain-X - I'll try some. I suppose that we've become accustomed to modern wipers.
Eric
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


