Page 1 of 1

#1 Wiring loom routing

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2025 3:51 pm
by Beechbum
Happy Easter all

Has anyone got a photo of the correct routing for the wiring loom(s) on the left hand side under the dashboard in the footwell. I suspect someone has put a new loom in using the wrong holes. There are 2 bunches of wires , I presume one of these goes under the removable cover plate. I would like to do it properly if possible. It was originally LHD now converted . Thanks in advance. Steve

#2 Re: Wiring loom routing

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2025 5:24 pm
by Gfhug
Steve, have you looked in the technical information and documentation part of the knowledge base?
There are wiring layout diagrams in there (and if you find one doesn’t load then highlight it and David (Heuer) will get it sorted). It may show Series 1 but it’ll be the same for the S2.
I’m sure the workshop manual has the same diagram.
Using the search engine for “wiring” then within the results for “routing” can get you lots of results. Look through them, especially in the Restoration section, and there’s a good chance someone has previously posted photos during their own work that will be findable to help you.
It can be a bit long winded but should be able to help you.

Good luck

Geoff

#3 Re: Wiring loom routing

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2025 5:44 pm
by mgcjag
Have a look here..top blog by Chris Vine..everything you want to know....but its all here on the forum if you just look through it....Steve https://etype.chrisvine.com/category/re ... omrouting/

#4 Re: Wiring loom routing

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2025 6:24 pm
by Beechbum
Thanks very much guys. I'll have a look. Cheers Steve 👍