FANtastic...ish

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
iani
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#1 FANtastic...ish

Post by iani » Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:54 pm

I've only had the car since Monday, slowly ticking off a list of jobs. The blower motor wasn't working, no movement at all. Hooked up a 12v feed direct to the motor and it worked, confirmed 12v to the switch ok, but noticed one of the switch terminals was very loose. Popped over to Robeys for a run in the sunshine, £17 for the part, prob £40 for the fuel! Anyway, whilst I get the theory of pushing the switches out by releasing the two tags, one had gone already and the other wasn't going to play nicely. I had to use brute force, break the switch up into many parts before it finally gave in. New switch popped in fine, wired it up and....I have high speed but no slow, I assume the resistor has given up, I can live with that for now.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9233
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#2 Re: FANtastic...ish

Post by mgcjag » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:02 pm

Uh brute force.....use with care on an E type....but you are an old hand so know what your doing :bigrin: ...Steve does this help
Image
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#3 Re: FANtastic...ish

Post by iani » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:28 pm

The repro switch has the terminals in different positions, but it's 50/50 on the two wires to the motor, I tried both ways round and only one way gives me a live motor, high speed but on the slow switch setting.
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic