S2 Hoses

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#1 S2 Hoses

Post by iani » Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:54 pm

My car has come with old coolant hoses, some of which are "kevlar", I have never heard anything positive about those and some are very crusty inside, squeezing them tells me they aren't long for this world. I went a bit overboard and bought a hose set from Fosseway, today was the day to swap them over. After draining the coolant, which ran like almost clear water with no sign of any antifreeze in it, the block drain also drained cleanly, I flushed it through, and did a heat cycle with some radflush, again very clean fluid on exit.

I then went to start on the hose swap, starting with the thermostat to radiator hose, no problem, new hose was exactly the same length as the one on the car and fitted perfectly. That was as far as I got, I wanted to swap out the water pump to radiator bottom hose, the one fitted is a single, long hose, the kit didn't have a replacement for that one, I abandoned the job, thinking I'd best check with the supplier. I have just checked on SNGB and they show a metal pipe as part of that hose, there are two hoses in the kit that look like they might with the metal joiner in the middle.

Do other S2 owners have the single hose or the metal joiner?

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Gfhug
Posts: 3863
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:08 pm
Location: Near Andover, Hampshire,in D.O. Blighty
Great Britain

#2 Re: S2 Hoses

Post by Gfhug » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:03 pm

Hello Ian, I had the same experience. Bought the metal tube and used the two hoses between the rad and the water pump. I seem to recall it was easier to fit than the older set up and with your experience you’ll soon get it in place. Getting the jubilee clips into good ‘get at angles’ is worth working out before going too far. Good luck.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#3 Re: S2 Hoses

Post by mgcjag » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:04 pm

Hi Ian...2 hoses and pipe joiner
Image
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#4 Re: S2 Hoses

Post by iani » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:13 pm

Gfhug wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:03 pm
Hello Ian, I had the same experience. Bought the metal tube and used the two hoses between the rad and the water pump. I seem to recall it was easier to fit than the older set up and with your experience you’ll soon get it in place. Getting the jubilee clips into good ‘get at angles’ is worth working out before going too far. Good luck.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff, I'll revisit this soon, have ordered the joiner pipe.
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#5 Re: S2 Hoses

Post by iani » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:15 pm

mgcjag wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:04 pm
Hi Ian...2 hoses and pipe joiner
Image
Joiner on its way Steve, I should have checked the kit earlier. At least I have some antifreeze in it now, I'm amazed at how clean the coolant came out, it hadn't been changed in at least 5yrs.
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic